Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. Some of its structures and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been shut for prayers and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There is a great regard and value for it amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that's made in the English style of architecture. The actual park had been built during the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life varieties have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best locations in France to determine and discover guide sortir à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and you can take either TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the third largest city and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.